The OpenCourseWare Consortium collaborates with VirtualEduca in their XIV International Meeting “VirtualEduca 2013”. Held on held on June 17-21, 2013 in Medellin, Colombia.
The event gathered more than 15,000 students, teachers, authorities, and international experts in the areas of innovation and education. Representatives from more than 20 different countries shared their experiences in terms of creativity and the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs).
Eight thematic areas were covered during the conference: multilateral and governmental initiatives for innovation in education; school in the digital age; the university in the knowledge society; continuous, professional and corporate training; models, technological resources and mechanisms of knowledge management; educational digital inclusion for social cohesion and sustainable development; successful models of international education and OPEN EDUCATION.
The OpenCourseWare Consortium was pleased to collaborate sharing our experiences with such a vast audience. On June 19th it was through our members that we were able to create a full “Open Day”:
10:30-12:30 Panel OER, OCW & MOOCs: How ‘Open’ is Transforming Higher Education
- Larry Cooperman, UCI OpenCourseWare, University of California, Irvine [USA] OpenCourseWare Consortium
- Bakary Diallo, African Virtual University [Kenya]
- Yvonne Ng, MIT OpenCourseWare, Massachusetts Institute of Technology [USA]
- Marcela Morales, OpenCourseWare Consortium [Mexico]
14:00 – 16:00 Workshop: Education and Open Licensing ‘Creative Commons’
- Carolina Botero Latin America Regional Manager Creative Commons Fundación Karisma [Colombia]
16:00-18:00 OER/OCW Best Practices
- Diana Hernández, Vicerrectoría de Investigación, OCW UNED UNED [Costa Rica]
- J. Vladimir Burgos, TEMOA Centro Innov@te, Tecnológico de Monterrey [México]
- Pilar Muñoz & Carmen Sicilia Fdez-Shaw, Los MOOC en la UNED Fundación UNED [España]
- Diego Leal Fonseca, Desarrollo e innovación sobre TIC Universidad EAFIT [Colombia]
On Thursday, June 20th one more of our members participated in the Virtual Universities panel.
16:00-18:00 Seminar SXXI Century: Universities new models ‘Virtual Universities’
- Stavros Panagiotis Xanthopoylos, Fundação Getulio Vargas, FGV Online [Brasil]
We would like to thank our collaborating members for joining us in this event. It would have been impossible without you!
More information about the event can be found here.